Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Family Tradition


For as long as I can remember, my folks have had a row of pine trees that line our backyard. Each December, we would go cut down the chosen tree to be our special Christmas tree. This year Noelle joined the family tradition. It was a bit cold, but she watched as my dad sawed down the tree. She enjoyed shaking the dead needles off the tree as we drug it up to the house. I remember doing the same thing as a child and it is so nice to carry on this tradition. Though as kids, it was my sister and my responsibility to stand out and water each of the trees through the long hot summer days. Now that we are gone they have a much more safisticated system to get the job done. I guess it is worth all the hard work, because they always have a beautiful tree each season.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, us kids get stuck doing all of the hard work. Although Beth always made me do most of the work since I was younger. It was a rough life ;)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home