Friday, October 12, 2012

Midwives for Haiti Trip Day 8

Saturday October 6th 2012

Home Sweet Home

Wow! Where did this week go?  Time has flown by, yet it also feels like each day was a week long. 



Today we took the long, bumpy, winding, hilly journey from Hinche back to Port-Au-Prince through the beautiful, yet nauseating mountains.  It was a long, hot ride and I very nearly tossed my cookies quite a few times.  There are no "rules of the road" here other than usually the bigger vehicle wins...  Thankfully Ronell our driver is very good and we made the trip unscathed. 


Our initial flight was delayed by an hour which gave me less than an hour to go through customs, claim by bags, recheck them and run 2 terminals to my flight home.  I was SO happy that I just made my flight!  It was so sweet, even though it was late, Josh and the kids were there to greet me with hugs and kisses.  Home Sweet Home!

The flight from Haiti to the US is always interesting since 90% are mission volunteers.  So many great stories and good vibes on that flight.  It is impossible to fully understand the poverty there unless you have lived it.  I am SO blessed to have had this opportunity and can't wait to come back! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home